Originally Posted By: North40R
Congrats CNC! It always seems like after that first coyote it gets easier.

I know you're keeping up with everything going on with your sets, baits and lures but here's one to keep tabs on.

Watch your set locations. I've trapped several properties for years and some locations are just magnets for predators. Some will be a natural funnel or on a food source so they'll make perfect sense but others will be oddball places that for no apparent ryme or reason draw them in.

I've found a couple of spots like this by setting on coyote sign.

Another thing to watch is your remake sets after catches. I used to try to hide sets and cover up signs of a catch but have better success just cleaning up the catch circle somewhat and resetting in the same spot.

A remake has all the scents and sign of a struggle and that is a natural draw to predators.

Thanks!.......I’ll keep that in mind about the odd places. These catches came in places that were no brainers. As I was driving up to the first one this morning I remember thinking to myself that if any set was gonna produce it was gonna be that one. I just moved over and did my resets right beside the first one. It just seemed like the yotes had turned up the circles they were in so bad that it messed up any funneling advantage using structure and vegetation.

Last edited by CNC; 05/14/17 08:52 AM.

We dont rent pigs