Sounds good to me. I've had some hives really pack in a lot of honey in the past week. They got ahead of me and the amount of supers I had on the hives. I hate that happened because our flow is about over. I lost some honey and getting some comb drawn because of it.

Regarding the swarm, with them moving into a enclosed space, there's really no good way of getting them out. You could try using some of that liquid that is used to drive them down out of honey supers so you can get the bees out to take them off. Bee gone, or Bee Quick, or Honey Bandit or something like that. You could also try smoking the everloving crap out of the beam and try to push them out into a hive with comb.

Hard to get them to leave an area they have chosen. Sounds like a good place to put a swarm trap next year.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14