Well dang…..something managed to get one of my seashells around the trigger without setting it off. It did go for the decoy though. I was afraid of that with its flat shape. You really need something sphere shaped that won’t pass by the trigger without setting it off. A tiny ball made out of fishing lure rubber would be ideal……made just a little bigger than the gap between the trigger and the side of the trap…..like a small rubber muscadine. For now I guess I’ll go back to using bait pieces instead.

I’ve read where several folks said not to put your oil directly on the bait because some of it, like the shellfish oil, is bitter tasting to the animals. It said if they got a bite of it without triggering the trap then it would turn them off to it. It looks like there would be a more efficient way of dispensing it though than to just squirt it on the ground. That may be good enough though if you apply a little bit every day when you check them. That may what I finally settle on…..scent oil in a spray bottle with a few training treats in the trap. I may just spray down the entire area around my gang set….bushes, trees, etc……and then freshen it up each day when checking.

Last edited by CNC; 04/30/17 06:15 AM.

We dont rent pigs