Originally Posted By: 2Dogs
Originally Posted By: Yelp softly
Originally Posted By: CatHeadBiscuit
Please keep in mind FW only buys land that the land owner brings to them asking them to buy it. They are not going to the owners looking to buy.

This may not be entirely accurate. Their mission statement says they seek to buy lands that exist in environmentally sensitive areas. They are not forcing anyone to sell property, but they may very well inquire if a specific tract could be purchased. I don't know for certain, that's just my interpretation based on some of the things I've read.

I saw/heard FW big shots at a land auction beg Paul Bryant Jr. not to run the price up on them as they only had X number of $ to spend. FW has worn their welcome out in Jackson Co. with many locals. Starting about 15 years ago, folks from LA should have been screaming for them to buy land in their areas.

From reading the meeting minutes of the last couple of years the impression I got was that they are not seeking but being approached. I may be incorrect, it's happened before.

"Arguing on the internet is like playing chess with a pigeon. You may be good at chess, but the pigeon is just going to knock all the pieces down, take a crap on the table, and strut around like its victorious."--Anonymous