Originally Posted By: TravisBatey
Originally Posted By: 300Ruger
Religion doesn't really need an "argument" in the United States as long as it doesn't infringe on other people's rights.

You're correct. You don't have to technically reason why you believe anything weather its sports, politics, religion etc. However it is important to be able to effectively explain what and why you believe if someone says, " what you believe is wrong" or " why do you believe that" or "I believe (insert argument) and your faith in Jesus is wrong" so on and so on.

It's simple having the ability to make sense while you explain your faith against the number of arguments out there. Vs just saying " because it is right". As a Christian you're never going to run into someone who says (insert argument) is right because I said so. They are going to have a hodge smodge of info of what they believe to be true to throw at you. Gotta be able to defend your faith in those situations.

Excerpt from a guy that explains it better than me:

"Jesus was unconcerned with proving his divinity, in any sense, even when Satan or the religious gatekeepers tempted him to do so. He instead lived his divinity through his convictions and works, in which he relationally engaged with others–both with his disciples and those he encountered through moments in time. Therefore I see no point in quoting scripture against others also quoting scripture because neither’s desired outcome will ever become reality. Rather, we must live our theology such that Jesus’ divinity does not have to be proven but felt, and related to, through our own conversations, works, and relational engagements."

Link