Originally Posted By: Todd1700
Quote:
Chic-fil-a. I just don't get it. Yeah it's ok, but I wouldn't go 50 ft out of my way to get it. Ppl set in the drive through for an hour.

I have eat there twice at two separate locations. Wasn't impressed even by fast food standards either time.

Chic-Fil-a's owner has been very open with his opposition to gay marriage which caused a lot of people and groups to attack him and the chain in general. In responce to those attacks a lot of people, particularly in the south, rushed to support Chic-fil-a. Eating there became a symbolic middle finger to the gay marriage movement. That's when I started hearing about how fantastic their food was. One bite of anything on the menu and you would be locked up in an hour long food orgasm. ETc, Etc. LOL! Me thinks the praise has more to do with politics than the actual food.

Chik-Fil-A was very popular long before the gay marriage debate began and Mr. Cathey has always been upfront about his beliefs and makes no apologies for them. The radical gay people thought they would boycott him out of business and it backfired. Not only did their supporters keep going but it did, admittedly draw some new, but limited in numbers, support from the religious right.

Personally, they have about the best fast food chicken sandwich going, but I don't care to much for the waffle fries.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.