Originally Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Originally Posted By: HippieKiller
Solo, I know a guy that is the same way. He actually thinks there is an ice wall around the edge of the earth that makes up the border.

His biggest “evidence” is that, if we were really spinning around that everything would fly off of the earth. He supposes that when he jumps into the air, the world should continue to spin and he should land in a different spot. He was telling me this as we drove down the road one day. I took my pocket knife and started tossing it up and catching it. Then I asked him why that knife didn’t hit the back window since we were going 60 mph? You guessed it: no answer. Right on to his next “evidence.”

You realize that based on his logic, you proved his point? Lol. He's saying that if the earth was spinning, that knife should hit the back window. If it doesn't, it supports his theory. It's then up to you to provide a counterpoint as to why his theory is incorrect.

Negative. I proved that an object that goes up and down can still land in the same spot even though the whole area was moving 60 mph down the road. By his logic, when I toss the knife up, the vehicle should "drive out" from under it. It did not.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson