Originally Posted By: coachg34
Drought started in NE AL as early as April,May. Got some rain but no nearly as much as we do normal years. Really affected hay production for cattlemen.

Yep, same pattern already setting up for us now that we had last year. We aren't too dry yet but the same weather pattern is setting up as it did last year, rain is going above and below us. It's rained NE of us every day this week, but missed us. Surface moisture is drying up quick.

There are 100's or 1000's of dead Leyland cypress trees here that are dead. White pines took a beating too and I think there's gonna wind up being lots and lots of dead oaks too. It's a little early to tell but I think we've got a bunch of dead ones on our place.

The main reason I think it's going to be dry again is that droughts as bad as last year are typically not one year droughts.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14