I've been hunting for a long, long time. My Daddy was a very hard but fair safety instructor when it came to shooting and hunting, and one of the things he drilled into my head was DO NOT shoot at anything unless you are sure of your target! Do not shoot at a rustle in the bushes. Do not shoot if you THINK you see part of a deer (or turkey or whatever). I always have a clear picture of a deer, or turkey, or duck, and where my shot is going or I don't shoot. Shooting "from the hip" is a good way to hurt or kill someone. All that being said, in this case, these three fellows were probably unfamiliar with the new lease, were excited to be hunting in a new spot, and were closer to each other than they thought. Add a fan and someone shooting in an instant, and you have two men shot, at least one seriously. And you have the shooter that is probably wishing right now he could take the place of either of them, and that he could somehow re-do that shot, but once the trigger is pulled, there is no recall. A tragedy, for sure.

"For the Truth the Turkey is in Comparison a much more respectable Bird, and withal a true original Native of America" ~Benjamin Franklin

Isaiah 40:13-14

RAP is CRAP

NRA Life Member, GOA, BamaCarry Member