Originally Posted By: foldemup
Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher
Originally Posted By: foldemup
Salt Fork has lots of turkeys, over feeders.

So do they make you hunt over a feeder? I think just about everybody in TX feeds; some of them put you out at a blind watching a feeder and make you stay there. Obviously, I ain't interested in that. Thanks for the info.

We only had 2 days to hunt TX after working our way down from Nebraska and Oklahoma. Hunted a different private property on day 1 and me and my buddy both killed the only 2 birds we heard/saw. We ran into the Salt Fork owner at the restaurant and since we only had 1 day to hunt, I offered him $100 trespass fee and we would pay $250/bird if we killed. He has at least 4 giant roosts with 50-200 gobblers on them and it puts his hunters at least a half section away from the roosts. Me and my buddy had a half section we could roam and the property had 3-4 timed feeders. The birds went to the river from the roosts, then worked their way back to the feeders. If we would've sat still in a feeder, we could've killed our 2 birds. We didn't, so we killed zero. Big storm came around 10 am and we got out of there. He has birds, you'd have to call and ask about how much range you would get to roam.

Dang that sucks Casey!

We hunted with Creed Akers and his wife..but they closed up shop and moved to dallas with her work last I heard.

His family had great land. Big deer too.

Heck..he didnt even wake up..just showed me the land and let me go. Was great hunting..stayed with him and met his dad and all...great folks. They sponsored our first show too. We deer hunted there too. No feeders..spot and stalk in oat and PEANUT fields.

A lot different from South or West Texas.

Last edited by outdoorobsession; 04/17/17 05:35 PM.