Originally Posted By: Maggie123
Well, I have grown corn once or twice and it has been a long while since I did. I planted some glass corn {Indian Corn} and was hopeful about my endeavor but it is looking mighty suspect.

I had always heard if your corn was not jointed it could take a light frost but I am beginning to thing those two cold nights might have taken a toll.

I have lost three or four sprouts and several others are looking rather sickly....any advice or should I scrap this? It was truly a lark to try and grow something different and I won't languish over it but if it is bound to fail, I want to take it out and put something else in that spot.

Thoughts?

Is it a heirloom corn? I tried planting heirloom corn a few years back and it seemed like it would sprout and stall out. I think corn really likes to be planted in big patches rather than a few stalks or one row especially when it comes to pollinating. The cold weather didn't bother my corn it's about 5 inches tall but we got a whole dang bunch of rain and it washed some of my corn away. I've had real good luck planting silver queen or king. This year king.

ggg