Alright, so it took roughly 1 ½ hrs to put out 30 traps. That was taking my time but they aren’t spread out over a really large area so realistically let’s go with 2 hrs. I set them all out in pairs so there’s 15 different locations each with 2 traps. At that rate you could basically chalk up a full day to setting coon sets if you were gonna trap a big property with 100 traps.

Here’s our basic setup. I think a rough sketch along with a GPS may be about the easiest way to keep up with traps. I didn't use a GPS on this one but it would be a good thing just to mark the beginnings of each line. I just took a small pad and pencil with me and made a sketch about like the one below as I laid things out. The scale sucks so imagine that the double sets are all actually spread out even and that the beaver swamp across the road is a lot bigger. The beaver swamp is on another property so I can’t just set up down each side of it like I’d like to. Instead I’m lining off the other side of the dirt road with a flurry of traps. The whole area is swampy with standing water here and there. I don’t see any distinguishable coons trails right now though. I figure their funneling up each side of the swamp about like the deer so I just laid everything out on a pretty basic line. Now we wait…………

Last edited by CNC; 04/07/17 07:27 AM.

We dont rent pigs