Alright, it’s time to take our small scale test runs and expand to a little bit larger run. This will be a practice run on a friend’s lease to get my techniques honed in and be ready to take on some bigger tracking jobs later on. Some of the things I’m wanting to test on this practice run is DP trap line layouts, how much time it takes to set and then check “X” amount of traps, testing a few different yote sets, etc…..I’ll document my progress as we go.

For the most part I’m gonna just start trapping coons and possums to begin with until turkey season is over, then we’re gonna see what we can do on the yotes. The way this property is laid out, there should be a major coon population basically at the front gate. We’re gonna start there so as not to impact where the hunter is turkey hunting in the very back.

I picked up 2 dozen DP traps from the trapping store earlier today. Added to the ones I already had, that gives me 33 total now. I’ll be using 30 of them on the trapping project and 3 will be left here at my home property to keep monitoring any recruitment or activity here. I also picked up a MB-550 yote trap. Between now and when we start yote trapping on the property…..I’m gonna play around with it and see which one I like better, the 550 or 650. I’ll probably get a dozen of the ones I like the best to make yote sets when the time comes. The 200 acre project begins tomorrow. Bout to put the smack down on some baby turkey and baby deer killers. thumbup

To be continued………….. smile

Last edited by CNC; 04/06/17 11:34 AM.

We dont rent pigs