Originally Posted By: R_H_Clark
Originally Posted By: Goatkiller
If you want a lightweight rifle and you are going to spend over $3k on it and don't get a Forbes... that's just dumb in my opinion. Like completely mis-informed kinda dumb and might not even know it. That's all I'm saying.

You got lots more options for a lot less money. That guarantee 1/2 MOA is probably like most other rifles MOA guarantee. Really not worth the ink it was printed with. Most people can't shoot that good even a 3 shot group and dang sure not a 5. And it ain't a heavy barrel long range rig either. I don't need 1/2 MOA to kill anything under 500 yards with a hunting rifle. I can do that with something from the local Wal-Mart.

And I can get a 1/2 out of a Savage with a good barrel so that don't impress either when it comes down to it. And I've had several Kimbers that would do under 1" and others that needed a little work to get there but all but one I have got to shoot. And they are a lot less money.

All that being said the rifle is probably a nice rifle and if you want one get it. Don't listen to us. You will probably love it.

You can also buy a very nice Cooper Excalibur for under $2000 with a 1/2 moa guarantee. The Cooper bolts don't lock on safety if that matters to you.

Coopers guarantees 1/2 MOA at 50 yards. They are great rifles for sure and I have one but they can be very picky on ammo.