A guy at the shop told me last week there was a beehive in a wall in an old abandoned house at his fiances, grandmothers farm. I talked to the lady and she said I could get the hive. I've never done a wall cutout before because I'm not tearing apart someones house and leaving that mess, or fixing it back. I don't have time and I'm not in the construction business. Anyway I got out there, a buddy went with me, which made it much easier and I tore some rotten boards off the wall and found the hive. I ended giving the guy that went with me all the comb that the hive would normally store honey in and I kept the bees and brood comb. It's hard to see but the center comb the bees are on is about 18" wide and it was about 36" tall from top to bottom. I cut it off in slabs, starting at the bottom and used rubber bands to hold it in empty frames. The bees will have the comb secured to the frames in just a couple days. I didn't take any pictures of the frames with the comb rubber banded into them. I'll try to do that tomorrow. I was lucky and found the queen, so I know I got her in the hive that I put them in.

I honestly don't know how the bees lived through that cold spell we had a week ago. I have never seen a hive before, with live bees in it that had no honey, and nearly no nectar in it. If I squeezed all the nectar that I found out into a bowl I bet there wouldn't be 1/4 cup of it. At any rate, I have them at home on a hive stand now, and put a feeder in the hive with one gallon of sugar syrup, so they'll hopefully be good to go.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14