Originally Posted By: DaffyDucksWorstNightmare

We traveled from the time I was 12-18yrs old, you are completely nuts if you think College Coaches go to REC parks to look at recruits, H.S. okay MAYBE on occasions. Travel ball carries the Elite competition, recruiters can hit one tournament to watch 15 different teams, and most importantly colleges are playing as well playing the same time as REC/H.S.. I can remember at 18 being at East Cobb with 20 different teams during the summer, playing against the like of McCann, Francouer etc that place had 75 college and professional scouts, We played in the championship game and there was 25 scouts lined against the fence. Went to Nashville to play in a tournament with 20+ teams, it was the same way, we actually took down David Price's team (he didn't pitch but they were still elite). Go watch the Jupiter FL tournament World Wooden Bat classic, teams come in from across the world and there are 100s of scouts there.

AS for pitching if the Travel Coach isn't monitoring the # of pitches being thrown by his kids, pitch by pitch, and week to week, you as a parent need to look for a new team or speak up LOUD. 15 and under shouldn't exceed 50p a week, 15 and older 75p at MOST. As a parent you need to have a set LIMIT of innings per year you think acceptable to pitch, and age plays a factor.

The type of travel you are talking about is far beyond that of USSSA or grand slam. The EC Astros, Dulin Dodgers, Chain, Chet Lemon's juice type teams are far beyond what most kids are ever going to play.

The average 8-14u AA travel team isn't much better, if any, than a rec team. Ive watched a lot of travel ball through the years and it is, in my opinion, not very competitive these days

Not saying you shouldn't put your kid in travel ball, mine played it his whole life. But with the recent influx of every kid in town playing travel it's just not as competitive as it once was. Although I'm sure it's still the most expensive baseball around.