I'm 51 and I remember when TV signed off for the night.

I remember Don Kirshner's Rock Concert. I also remember The Midnight Special that came on late Friday night.

Kids now have no clue. Three regular channels and PBS were all we got. If you didn't see a movie in the theaters you might never see it period unless years later one of the networks decided to air it. No vcr's, no cable, no satelite, no netflix.

There was a great show that the ABC station out of Pensacola aired late Saturday nights when I was a young kid called popcorn theater. I would slip back out of bed and sit inches away from the TV with the sound turned way down so my parents wouldn't hear it. They showed movies. Mostly comedies and horror films. Because of that show I got to see most of the old Hammer Studio horror films with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing. Dracula, Curse of Frankenstein, the Mummy, etc, etc. Also got to see a lot of the classic comedies by Abbott and Costello, the Marx Brothers, W C Fields, etc. Good memories.

Last edited by Todd1700; 03/23/17 10:06 PM.

The best index to a person’s character is (a) how he treats people who can’t do him any good, and (b) how he treats people who can’t fight back.
- Abigail van Buren