Originally Posted By: Skinny
Originally Posted By: jbc
Originally Posted By: bmc77
Originally Posted By: crenshawco
Look at the bright side, at least Troy and Jax St got to represent AL.

Just shows how ridiculous it is that neither Auburn/Alabama can consistently make it.I mean all you gotta be is a top 60 team.

Not true.

There are 32 automatic entries. (Troy, Jacksonville state, etc) eating up a bunch of bids. Some of them aren't in top 100.

The other 36 are at large bids.

So AU/UA cannot make the top 36? ...That is really pathetic for big SEC schools.
If you win your conference you should get a shot at a national championship playoff, but nobody likes that idea for football.

I agree winning your conference should get you in, winning your conference tournament should not. Theoretically a team who was 0-28 could get hot and win 5 games in 5 days and get an auto bid. I wish it was season champion, but I understand that would diminish the conference tourney most years

Auburn hasn't been able to get out of the bottom 4 of the SEC

The sec might be the 4th or 5th best basketball conference.

After all the deserving Big10, ACC and Big12 teams get their spots, that 36 at large isn't so big anymore.

Alabama was close. A couple of blown leads from poor free throw shooting and two inexcusable losses to auburn from being right there. Need to do something productive with this class coming in