Originally Posted By: jawbone
Originally Posted By: WmHunter
The Bible has all the signs and things to look for.

A real big one is the 2nd restoration of Israel.
That took place in 1948.

Another is the restored Israel being surrounded by enemies that will try to wipe her off the map. That has happened back in 1948, 1967 early 70s and continuing.

Other big symptoms are increase in knowledge and technology.
Rushing to and fro upon the earth (planes, trains, cars, etc.)
Increasing global government.
Increasing global apostasy.

In a sense, the U.S. is kind of a limit test in the sense that we are one of the last places on Earth that Satan does not have total control.

Help me out here because I'm far from a biblical expert, but I had a Sunday School teacher as a young adult that really studied this hard and he always said that the final sign was when The Temple on the Mount was rebuilt. Thoughts from anyone with knowledge in this area and I know some of you are pretty knowledgeable on biblical matters?

Though many won't agree with me, the bible teaches there will be NO signs before the 2nd coming of Jesus. He will come as a thief in the night, like in the days of Sodom and Noah.

Many people take Matt 24 way out of context. These words are found there... "For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows....iniquity shall abound...When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place...then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be..."

However, whatever he was talking about would be fulfilled in that generation according to verse 34.

Matt 24:34, "Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."

There is no 1000 year reign or years of tribulation. There is one resurrection of the dead that occurs within the same hour, for ALL, both the good and the evil.

John 5:28-29 - Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forththose who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.

I know that didn't answer your question, but maybe it will be something to think about.