I covered alot of ground this afternoon glassing some places I can see along way, and walking roads blind calling trying to strike something up. I made it all the way to the back of our property where we have a small greenfield. My plan was to set up on field and call for about a hour then start heading back. I crawled up to check the field and I spotted a hen in it. Decided If I could crawl another 10-15 yards there was a nice pine tree to set up on and I had a shot to the field if a longbeard showed up, maybe 40-50 yards to field witch is little farther than Id like but it was my best bet. I slowly made it to tree and got setup and started calling and got a few hens fired up and low and behold one gobbled about 75-80 yards off to my right. I knew he was with a hen because she was yelping right where I heard him gobble. I kept calling and after getting her really pissed she appeared in the field with the other hen Id been watching. about 5 minutes later He showed up in my lane to the field in full strut and I didn't waste any time pulling the trigger.

The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind

I love animals...they're delicious