Originally Posted By: Todd1700
Quote:
The only way I could describe the sound of the arrow hitting the deer would be to imagine someone hitting a watermelon with a baseball bat.

I have heard the watermelon sound! I gut shot a deer late one afternoon and heard that same sound

Hmmm, hit sounded like a gut shot. Deer regurgitating stomach content along the blood trail as though some blood got into the stomach. A blood trail that petered out as they often will with a gut shot because they commonly clog with stomach or fecal content.

So lets add these facts together and what do we get? Yep, no doubt about it, broadhead failure. LOL!

I must be wrong, but I don't remember you being in the stand with me yesterday. Exactly how the frick can you tell me what the facts were if you weren't here, and you didn't follow the blood trail? I have gut shot deer before, and found them. I have helped people track deer that were gut shot. I have tracked or helped track probably close to 200 deer. This ain't my first damn rodeo. I know just exactly what rumen contents look like. In addition to the bright red blood on the ground and leaves, what I found on the ground was wet grass leaves, and wet rape leaves. About 5 of each. Looked a lot more like what it had in it's mouth, not in its stomach. It wasn't even chewed up. Rumen contents are a mix of bile stained green ground up nasty chunks and mush that smell like dammit. It's called cud. The arrow hit this deer about 1 inch behind the shoulder. The deer was broadside at the release and turned to a slight quartering to position when the arrow hit. I have little doubt that the arrow did hit one of the chambers of the deers rumen. From the low spot where the entrance hole should be, the exit hole would likely be right behind the last rib. The arrow probably hit the reticulum, but it had to go through the liver to get there. My bow is shooting 280 fps so it has the power to open a Dim Reaper. If 280 won't open one, they shouldn't be on the market. Maybe it's because I am shooting a PSE. Do they only open if you shoot Hoyts or Matthews bows?

I left my arrow on the trail last night. After I walked circles around the last blood I could find, then walked the branch 1/2 mile, I got my arrow and headed back in. You guys can argue that the broadhead opened all you want to. The cutting edges of the blade are clean, and what I could see last night is that there was blood on the blades, where they meet the ferrule. When you open the broadhead there is a perfect outline in blood of the curves on the ferrule. SO, either the blades were wiped clean, except for the part that sticks out past the ferrule, or the broadhead DID NOT OPEN.

Here are the facts Todd. I've made bad shots before. I'm man enought to admit it when I do. I did my part yesterday afternoon. The arrow hit where I wanted it to. The deer is nowhere to be found. The blood on the broadhead indicated that the broadhead didn't open. A friend of mine came over last night to help trail the deer. He was the first one to say the broadhead didn't open. I didn't want to agree with him. After I looked at all the evidence, it didn't open. Believe what you want, shoot what you want. I really don't give a crap. I really like the LOL at the end of your post. If you think losing a deer is funny, you can go fact yourself.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14