I'm sure everyone is probably getting tired of the slow progress on this place, if y'all are let me know and I'll quit posting about it...

When you only have the weekends to work on something and your only helper, as good a helper as she is, is your wife you can only progress so much at a time. Anyway, on to the pictures:

Once we put the corrugated tin roof/ceiling over the lower rear deck, we knew that we didn't want to put corrugated tin on the back wall down there, so we bought the cheap cedar shingles at Lowes in Ft. Payne. These shingles are like seconds and they aren't treated, which makes them great for the cabin build and also great for grilling with the left over pieces.

I made gauge boards by driving nails in at every 8" and then using a string and a wood gauge to offset every other shingle 1" to give it a rustic staggered look. I like it and Mrs. Irish likes it, so that's all that really matters. grin

I put them up with 1/8" x 1 1/4" galvanized air staples...

We'll be starting on the side of the cabin that faces the road the next pretty weekend.