Originally Posted By: hallb
Originally Posted By: GomerPyle
Originally Posted By: jawbone
Do you think that perhaps it was designed that way to evaluate how they handle themselves? Big important jobs in LE do things like that to stress you out to see how you handle it. I had to wait for an NIS interviewer one time for past 3 hours from my appointment time. I guess I didn't handle it well, because when he showed up, I thanked him and withdrew my name from consideration.

That's exactly what it was, and he obviously failed. But don't think for a second that they don't also take into account how they handle the situation after the fact.

I find this hard to believe. The NFL is full of prima donnas, my guess is they suspect all of them are going to be one until they prove themselves otherwise. Why would they have to collude with a hospital to setup a test for that?

To see exactly what they wanted to see. Who is going to lose their cool and who will remain calm in in frustrating circumstances. A LB losing his cool probably isn't a big deal to them but if it had been a QB, that would have hurt his value badly.

Trust me, in high stress jobs, employers want to know this info. The interviews for FBI agents are worse that what a drill instructor puts a Sad Sack through. The candidates even know going in what it is about, but the interviewers are so good at pushing buttons, a lot of candidates weed themselves out in that round of the process.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.