Originally Posted By: ElkHunter
I had to deal with it many years ago while I was in TX going to college.

Folks would put feeders out and claim that those areas were off limits to the rest of the members. All the good spots got claimed by the officers and the new members simply got screwed.

Just more drama and expense.

Many will stop planting food plots thus reducing the available food for many animals not just deer and turkey.

For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone would want baiting.

Well another way to look at this would be my situation. I plant 50-75 acres of summer plots for wildlife. Then another 25 acres of so in the fall.

I do not bait or put out corn in the fall because it is against the law. I am not willing to chance having a feeder out at 105 yards and still getting a ticket and having to fight it. It is not worth it to me.

I hunt in one of the poorest areas of the state. Many of the locals pour out alot of corn, but just in the fall. They then attract my deer to their side of the line and shoot them. Thats legal and I am living with it.

However if this passes, I will put out enough corn to keep the deer that have been eating in my plots all summer on my side of the line. I am already spending a fortune for this hobby so I might as well spend a little more.

I love my country, but don't trust my government.