Originally Posted By: Irishguy
Originally Posted By: Southwood7
I tell ya what Irishguy, you might be the real "most interesting man alive".... at least Aldeer's version anyway grin
Building cabins, cooking 5 star cuisine at home, racing miatas and fixing up old bikes. I'd like to share a bourbon with you one of these days.

You are giving me way too much credit. I have been very fortunate to meet up with some great friends and drinking buddies who have talked me into getting into a bunch of stuff.

Mrs. Irish and I were fairly serious motorcyclist. I've been riding since I was 14 years old when I got my motorcycle license. I've owned just about every bike you can think of. She's had about 7 bikes in the 9 years we've been married, and ironically it was the bikes that led us to building a cabin and the cabin building that led us to sell our bikes and get out of riding.

We would ride up in the mountains and think, "Wouldn't it be awesome to have one of those cabins?" Well, we figured out a way to make that happen, and once we did that we realized that all of the pretty days we were spending working on the cabin and not riding so we sold the bikes.

Fast forward to the other day and I am surfing on Craigslist and I see these two bikes and realize that some good friends of ours own them. The Triumph is her's and the Honda is my buddy's project bike. She's having some heath problems and they are thinning their fleet, so I called and we work out some details and now they are both in the garage.

I bought the Honda for my other buddy who lives in Florida. He is truly an interesting man. Ex-Marine, fought in Vietnam, retired plumber and retired aircraft mechanic, and now spends his time building huge WWI & WWII R.C. planes from scratch and flying them and when he's not doing that he restoring old motorcycles and riding them. He also loves to hunt and shoot. He's been all over the country on a motorcycle and I have had the privilege of being on several of those trips with him. One of the best friends a guy could have.

My buddy Dave on the left grin doing what a couple of old Ex-Marines do...

Mrs. Irish's bike on the right and mine on the left on one of our trips a few years ago before we became part time cabin builders and sold them. Bonus points to anyone who can guess where that picture was taken. We were headed out West if that is a clue...

Second pic was taken at "The Crossroads" where the Devil make make a deal with you.

Remember it not about the catch or the kill, it’s about the creation and GOD’s will........Blayne Moore

10gauge......