Originally Posted By: turkey_killer
Hope you have better luck with a camera than I did. The ones I got on video noticed the camera and ran off

This is a camera I have set up right here behind my house that’s been there since deer season started. I started bush hogging and cleaning up brush and I think I have the field mice stirred up. I’ve got a yote that’s been making regular visits here lately. I think in some ways yotes get used to human scent like deer do. I’m out here walking around and working the dogs constantly right where this yote is coming through. At certain times of the year and in under certain situations….it’s like they just don’t seem to care.

One example is when my Chickasaw plums are dropping. I can go out here and prune in under the trees on my hands and knees getting scent everywhere and the yotes will still make their rounds through later that night to feed on the plums. I guess when they run across our scent at random though in the wild….it’s much more alarming to them. It’ something that’s out of the ordinary. Those plums and persimmons is what I really want to try and experiment with on bait. They’re like coyote magnets. These big Asian persimmons I’m growing are really sweet too. I’m thinking you might be able to make a really nice sweet smelling bait with it that would be good on yotes and coons. Might have to cook them down almost like jelly or preserves.

Last edited by CNC; 02/24/17 03:04 PM.

We dont rent pigs