Best time to try and reduce them is now before they start having litters. Here's my example I have 160 acre tract I've trapped for 3 years now. The first year I caught 13 off the property the next year two this year so far I've caught one. Fortunately the bulk of them have been females. In fact 11 out of them were female. The first year 9 were female now this was 3 years ago so if those 9 had a litter of 3 pups for three years that's 27 new coyotes plus the mothers equals 36.Last year 1 female using the same formula that's 7 more. Add the 1 this year so far, and you have 4 more. That's 47 coyotes I removed from that area in three years simply by trapping them out before they had young ones. That doesn't include there pups that would have litters if the females would have not been killed. I have yearlings on camera again, the turkey are showing back up and I don't have anywhere near the coyote sign I had. There are still coyotes there, but no where near a many that would be around if I hadn't done something about it. Don't wait on the state to fix the problem because it's not happening.

Last edited by muddyfeet; 02/23/17 08:06 PM.

EPHESIANS 6:12