Remember, the 500 model has a red glow that can be seen by humans and animals. If that's not a factor then you can't beat them.

Personally I had the 600 models and got the SC950 security models. The 600 and the SC950 are identical but, the 950 has a few more bells and whistles that I liked better than the 600.

Both are no glow so the people of animals don't see it. I still say the deer's eyes inside (cones n rods) make it have way better night vision sensitivity than other animals.

The battery life is phenomenal when using lithium batteries. I've had units out and it's been a year or more with it set on 3 images bursts with 32g C10 SD cards and the batteries are all still at 99% except one I had to switch out after a year.

I've had many of the mid grade models you mentioned and lower but was disappointed on the poor life they had in the field operating 24-7 365.

Personally, I would recommend anyone to stop wasting money on battery hog, blank picture, no picture, trigger on anything mid grade level cameras.

Get one that best suits your needs from Reconyx and be done with all that drama the others are making in China and you keeping their company going by a guaranteed purchase in a year or 2.

Reconyx has excellent customer service and is American made. I can't rave how well my have performed for a solid 2 years in the bush running 24-7 365 a year.

Money well spent!

4 - Reconyx SC950's
1 - Reconyx XR6 Ultra Fire
4 - Homebrew Units

**Don't waste $$ on those midrange priced cameras**