Take it how you want, but I have heard that shooting pigs at night is very low on the list of things to issue a citation for in places that truly have a hog problem. At least for wardens who are reasonable people. I would call the local warden and tell him what you were doing and that the permit wasn't issued yet to give him a heads up in case he gets complaints about shooting at night. You might be surprised at what he says.

Originally Posted By: extreme heights hunter
Originally Posted By: M48scout
Serious question: it's obviously ridiculous that one needs some special paperwork to hunt hogs for any reason whatsoever. There is literally no reason why they should not incentivize killing them any which way you want. If someone wants to illegally kill deer at night, or desires to be the most ethical person on planet earth, paperwork isn't going to factor in.

So, that being said, it seems that most people with a hog problem would just ignore this requirement, and just go kill them over bait at night, and be done with it. Is this not a widespread practice? I guess I'm just surprised many people would even fool with getting a ridiculous permit when the chances of getting caught are minimal.

Rant off

I ain't playing with my hunting rights. As bad as I want all pigs dead, I'll do it right or I ain't doing it