Originally Posted By: R_H_Clark
This may be shorter than you would want.It may be shorter than I would want but I saw it on sale,so here it is.
http://www.eurooptic.com/kimber-adirondack-7mm-08-rem-3000767.aspx

That is an excellent deal, and Kimber sells the brakes for those (I've read they shoot better with them on). I just have my heart set on 308, and my favorite color is green ha. Big fan of the 22" vs 18" barrel for the Montana/Mountain Ascent vs Adirondack. But I bet the Adirondack is an absolute joy for trekking around the woods in. One day I'd like one of them as well. With 9 depressing months left until rifle season I'm not in a rush. On March 10th I'll at a minimum have something on order. The older I've gotten the more I've learned to buy what you want the first time, or else it gets expensive ha. If I get a green Mountain Ascent that'll shoot 165 grn Nosler Partitions within 1.5" groups I'll be happy as can be.

The 2017 Montanas are available in the green stock too now I think. I plan on getting prices on the green Montana, green Mountain Ascent, and Subapline and going from there.

I think a green Mountain Ascent and a 2-12 VX6 is what I'll end up with. Can't wait. I sure appreciate your input on this thread, you'll have to let me know if you make it to SE Alabama so we can shoot. Where I'm putting that bench I built today I can shoot to 600 yards. Plan on getting my 338WM out and ringing some steel. That's one thing about a Savage. I put a Model 114 American Classic stock with Euro comb on it for looks. Never did anything for accuracy, and it will shoot 200 grain rounds at 1/2 MOA all day. The groups look bigger because the holes are so big! Ha