Originally Posted By: ChrisAU
Also considering the Adirondack with 18" barrel. Kimber sells the brakes for them too.

You can do that, I wouldn't though unless I found a really good deal. it would be cheaper to chop one and change the bolt handle and trigger guard. You should still save about $400 going that route from what Kimber is asking for the Adirondack. I also see no reason to chop one shorter than 20". I wouldn't even do that until I saw how it shot. I'm not really considering the brake though because I see no reason for it. I would be willing to bet the 308 would kick less than your 338,even as light as it is.Honestly,my 7mm-08 has less felt recoil than a Sako 243 I have that is 2 lbs heavier. Personally though,I would rather have the 6.5 Creedmoor. Nothing wrong with the 308 but Creedmoor factory ammo is just as good and inexpensive right now,but that's just me.

The thing with the Adirondack is that if I didn't like the 18" barrel blast.I would have no choice but to replace it. With one 22", I could try that for a while than go to 20" and then 18" if I wanted at about $80 every chop. I might go 18" with a suppressor,but that would be the only way,I think.