Still don't see the advantage.

So if you are comparing a 500 yard performance as part of your argument then I would say there is no comparison to be made. I would rather have something OVER 140 grain with a higher BC. Shots are not made in a vacuum chamber or by reading the trajectory off a ballistic table. .350 ain't good when better is readily available in the same caliber. That is about as bad as 7mm gets... I mean call it "good" as compared to what? .22 cal?

So to just peel away the onion further... If you're goal is to shoot a 120 over 3000 why are you shooting a .280 in the first place? Who would walk into a gun store and say... "I want to shoot a 120gr bullet over 3000, so please give me a .280". The answer to that is the reason you don't see factory loads with these little bullets in calibers across the board. It is also the reason there are so many calibers to pick from in the first place. It doesn't make sense. There is something better and readily available. In this case and equal comparison would be something like .25-06 with a 120 at 3200 BUT with a higher about a .390-4 BC.

See how that works. A lot better, no, but better. If this were that easy we'd all shoot 110 grainers from a 30-06.

And don't say well you can't shoot heavier bullets with the .25-06 like you can with .280 because that is my point. .280 is meant for heavier bullets.

All that being said go ahead and shoot 120's if that floats your boat just understand why some of us would recommend a heavier bullet. I ain't mad at you.

No government employees were harmed in the making of this mess.