First, I got the info on contacting my GW here:
http://www.aldeer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=529784

So my local GW called me back. Super nice guy but not many suggestions I didnt already know or that I thought would help me but I appreciate his input. Here's my convo:

Me: I've caught trespasser on my land by trailcam, no front pic, just back as they have walked away. I'm at location x and own x acres of land. What can I do to identify him/them if I run up on them? I'm smart enough to know pulling a gun could get me in serious trouble.

GW: First thing I would do is call the game watch line (1-800-272-4263) because a game warden will answer this line always, may not be me but he will contact me immediately. If possible, leave them hunting and we'll go in and get them.

Me: What if I run up on them ? Ask for id and they refuse.

GW: Well, they have to be identified in order for the warrant to be issued. You could take pic or video with cell. As long as we get a face, there's a good chance we can identify them. Then we can arrest them with the warrant.

GW: Do you know where they are coming from ? (He starts naming land marks so I know he is very familiar with the area)

Me: Yes (and I tell him)

GW: That is going to be coming from x hunting club and I am familiar with them. (He spoke like they were not familiar with him). Here's what I suggest you do and I know you have had a couple trail cams stolen. Put your trail cams up high where they will not be seen easily from the ground, most are caught this way. All I need is a face and I'll be able to identify them, issue the warrant and arrest them.

Me: What is the penalty for first time offense being caught on my property ?

GW: Well, the offense is actually called "Hunting without permission" and carries an arrest and a $1000 fine, its pretty stiff and for a reason. If by chance you do run into them, call that number I gave you, we can be there very quickly and will catch them. They will not do it again, I can promise you that. The other thing I can do is work the area but you tell me you dont want that because I'll ruin your hunt this coming 2 weeks so I cant do that.

Thanked him for his time, he gave me another number I could contact him if I couldn't reach him from the one he was calling me from.

There ya go, straight from the horses mouth.

Last edited by LetOff; 01/24/17 11:24 AM. Reason: added game watch line phone number to post

Ain't nothing a sharp knife can't fix