I know a guy that owns a gas station that I frequent because he is a friend, not close and maybe more of an acquaintance but I still call him a friend so and I want him to do well. I stopped in today to get a drink that runs me $1.50, after tax. Today, when I walk in the guy asks me if I have a few minutes to spare to which I said yes and asked why. He told me he had a piece of his refrigeration equipment that sat on the roof of his building that wasn't working. He told me he was afraid to go up there and knew I worked in construction and was used to working at heights and asked if I would go up and take a look to see if I could see what was wrong. I climbed up there and immediately saw it was nothing more than a broken belt on the motor. He had a spare so he tossed it up to me and I replaced it. When I came down he fired the equipment right up and it ran great. He was so happy and told me how much money I saved him and told me the service call alone was $125.00 minimum, plus labor and parts. Then he turned around and charged me $1.50 for my drink. I don't mind, really I don't, because I really want his gas station to be successful but would it have been too much for him to have said the $1.50 drink was on the house? I'm not trying to be petty about this as like I said, I didn't mind paying because that's what I went in for and I'll keep going to him too. I would have offered the drink though had the positions been swapped. What do y'all think?

If voting made any difference, they wouldn’t let us do it.-Mark Twain