Originally Posted By: Geno
Looks like a lot of fun is being had right there!

The snake thing is priceless. If you want, I'll catch you a rattlesnake and put it in a cage. That and some high grass is all you need. Dope the wind, walk them by on the downwind side, watch for the facial expression when they smell it, nail them with a high power for that dog and scream terrified and run away. As soon as they run, don't nail them anymore.
Most of mine would jump 5 feet in the air and change directions (in the air) when they ran up on a box turtle.

I think Otis is pretty well broke from messin with snakes unless he just gets on one by accident. He got struck on the nose by a little rattler and that seems to be all it took for him to leave ‘em alone. I took the freezer snakes when I killed them and laid them out where I knew I was about to walk with Otis. He would see the snake well before he got to it and then give it a wide berth.... eyeballing the hell of it. I'll still probably do more practice runs with him with the freezer snakes from time to time just to reinforce it.

Shelby is the one that I’ve still got to do some more work with. I did all of the stuff your talking about doing with her last year except I didn’t hit her with the collar. We’re gonna start doing more work with the Garmin Alpha this summer and I’m gonna repeat the drill using the collar this year if she messes with it.

Last edited by CNC; 01/23/17 10:00 AM.

We dont rent pigs