The weather still sucks here. Rainy and windy again this morning. Good luck if you’re out there in it. thumbup

For you guys out there who are working with your dogs on tracking…..now is the time to stop by your local processor and get some training supplies. I’ve got approx. 50 legs put back for the off season as well as about a dozen livers. This year I’m gonna go ahead and process up my blood all at one time and bottle it up for individual tracks. That way all I have to do is grab a bottle of blood and a leg and I’m ready to go.

If you’re gonna really get into this type of training then you’re just about gonna have to get an extra freezer to store supplies in if you don’t already have an additional deep freeze. The side unit of the fridge just won’t be enough space unless you completely take it over. I wouldn’t suggest that though because your wife is already gonna likely be frowning at you. grin I've also saved the whole hide and head off of the two deer I’ve killed this year. I’ll take those out to replicate the deer at the end of the trail. I may also use them to work some more on grid searching and “winding” with Otis over the offseason.

I’ve even got a couple defanged snakes in the freezer to work on snake aversion training. I had completely forgotten about putting them in there and I was moving things around to make room for my legs when I came across them and was like “Hmmm, I wonder what’s in this bag??” loco

Oh, I scared the tee total chit out of my own self. grin I had to laugh though. I damn near threw the bag across the room when I opened it up. rofl

Last edited by CNC; 01/23/17 04:29 AM.

We dont rent pigs