I don't wanna fight anyone, to old for that. Up until about 10 years ago though I'd rather fight than eat.
I just hate to hear people talk about all this banning this and that. I'm more for holding individuals accountable

I don't even own one anymore and haven't in a few years when I got to where I didn't have time to chase pigs often enough to need them. The only dog we have now wouldn't stand a chance with a half grown squirrel but if I wanted another pit and I'm a responsible owner who keeps my dog under control, that's my right

I grew up with pits and also owned many other breeds, curs ( Kemmers, OMC and Catahoula) always were likely to be the most aggressive dogs that I owned. I had a big male catahoula that wanted to kill everything that breathed except me to the point that I could not hunt him with other people or dogs and finally just had to stop hunting him because he wouldn't hunt but simply catch and kill everything in his path and you'd never know it unless you heard the fight or he came back needing stitches.

My first Kemmer was a gift from Mr. Kemmer who I grew up hunting with, if that dog bayed a hog it was his hog period, if you sent a catch dog to his bay, he would forget the hog and try to kill the catch dog and on 2 occasions did so. He also killed a friends grown bull mastiff who thought he wanted to pick a fight.

My ex wife had a cocker that would eat you up for no reason, people would come to the house and while they were walking on tip toes and worrying about a bulldog or Rottweiler that may be loose, we were trying to catch the cocker that would be stalking for the kill

Some of the folks on here will probably remember one of the calmest, friendliest, baddest pig grabbing machines I ever met. His name was Ed and he hailed from Coffeville Al. Dog loved to be petted and abused by kids, any kid would do and the harder they jerked his tail and ears, the better he liked it.

I do think that they seem to be chosen by people who shouldn't have children or pets or oxygen for that matter but the breed is not the issue it's the owners and the bad ones should be held accountable

Last edited by hoggin; 01/21/17 07:30 AM.