Originally Posted By: G/H
In my line of work I go into a lot of houses. I seen a lot of pits that have been tied to a tree wth a log chain eating the dirt to get to me. I have also seen some that are good natured. One the other day was loose in the yard, so I eased out of the truck and she started wagging her tail. Petted her and just followed me around. I won't own one, but there are some good ones out there

The thing that bothers me the most is that I've read several accounts where owners said they raised them their selves, and they never showed any aggression at all until they killed his son or daughter. You might expect that they were drug dealers and just didn't pay attention,or were lying about the dog being aggressive. One case though the owner was a cop and another an older couple where the dog killed their granddaughter.

You can say all you want about different breeds biting and them not being full pitt or whatever, but you don't hear about other breeds doing that. I don't think either that it's because the media is biases against pits.

We can all argue all day but in the end we should all agree that we don't want any dog killing kids and we should see if there's anything we can do to help prevent it.