a couple of years ago AT&T offered a wirless LTE access point that would go in a NID on the side of your house. I am not sure if they are still offering that or not but that would be something to look into. Also I know that the state of Alabama will be getting some grants to build some FTTH (Fiber to the Home) networks in the near future. Mountain Brook is already building one as we speak but i am sure that is not grant money.

Originally Posted By: bama1157
Originally Posted By: chad1980
I have worked in the industry for the last 13 years and if mine were not free this is what i would do... I would pay for a high speed internet of some sort, cable is most of the time the most reliable, and then get netflix or a firestick or something like that and watch what i want when i want. that is just my .02

Originally Posted By: DThrash
We currently have Dish and, have for the last ten yrs or so.My wife is wanting to change to Direct TV.Has anyone ever switched and been satisfied with Direct ? We can get a package with a few more channels for a few dollars less each month with Direct.

This is what I would like to do but the only internet we can get is DSL and it is not fast enough to do all that not even close.....