Originally Posted By: PRB
Originally Posted By: bwhunter
To say that you wouldn't shoot a record book deer with a gun or that's you're going to quit hunting if you can't do it with a bow and that you can't even watch a gun hunt on TV is just strange to me. It makes you sound like you think people who gun hunt are less of a hunter than you are. Whether I'm bow or gun hunting, I am enjoying the woods. I love hunting and watching deer not just killing them so to me it's not about the weapon you choose to use. That is a personal choice. The idea that you can't teach your grandkids how to scout or put their treestand in the right spots if they are hunting with a gun??

It's the whole "my way is better than your way and makes me more of a macho hunter" mentality. Before long we'll have some jack leg on here lassoing them and then running them down, tying their legs up, and cutting their throat with a knife, and if everyone else doesn't do it that way then they're inferior.

Personally, I'll kill a deer any way that makes me happy to kill one and not give a damn whether anyone else likes it or not.

Yep. Theres been some clowns start these kind of threads on here before. I love bow hunting but Im just not in a club that we see enough deer to just bow hunt all the time. I need meat in the freezer so sometimes I will have to carry something that will reach out and touch one, like a .308 to be exact. grin