Originally Posted By: jawbone
Originally Posted By: James
Originally Posted By: abolt300
Lotta old Mobile and Baldwin county money there and while they have a good time, they kill studs and are very selective on what gets shot for the most part. Great land, great genetics, low pressure, no clue on what the dues are. I had heard at one time it was incorporated and you had to buy stock to join.
Stock to join? I've heard that term flung around before, but I Wonder how that works when folks don't own the property

I learned about it when I read an article on Dollar Hide Hunting Club in Greene Co., I believe. Basically, the club owns the land and is broken up into lets say 100 shares. If you own a share you are a member. If you decide to leave the club and sell your share, they will sell it for you so as to maintain membership to those they want. the selling price will be 1/100th of the appraised value of the land, etc. There are other rules about inheritance, etc. That I don't know.

Truthfully, probably a better way to have a club if everyone likes everyone else from the start. The obvious trouble is the needed capital to buy the club. This is the way to go among high dollar good buddies.

I hunt Dollarhide some with a friend I'd give my left nut to be able to get a membership there.

Keep your booger hooker off the bang switch.