I've been hunting a 60 acre tract near Lafayette(which is for sale). I have gotten several good bucks on camera, but not this one. Rewind to last Friday, I knew the conditions would be good for movement with on and off rain and a cold front moving in. I have only been hunting one tree on this property and have been seeing deer almost every sit, but none of the bucks I have on camera. Even shot a doe the Friday before. So I get out of the truck to rain already falling, I didn't mind because I had a treebrella and the walk wasn't too bad. So I get climbed up and start to unpack my treebrella only to realize the piece that screws into the tree wasn't there. Awesome. So i get settled in, getting drenched, and freezing my boys off. It was slow, only seeing one doe at 8:30. I had to make myself stay in the tree, so I decided I would stay until 10. At 9:30 I grunted and did some lighted rattling with no luck. at 10 on the dot I packed all my stuff up, took one last good look around and began to climb down. The tree I climb, has some brush at the base so I have to rotate my stand and climb down the backside. I've made it down about 10 feet when I hear what I know is a deer walking. I look to my left to see a deer standing not 40 yards from me, oblivious to my presence. Luckily I had decided to climb with my gun attached to my stand, I could tell it was a big bodied buck but not sure how big. I raised up and shot him in the neck. DRT. He is my first ever drop tine buck. My season has been a short, but good one with our baby being born in Nov. My last 2 sits have produced 2 deer. I still have 3 or 4 more shooters on this tract I hope to get a shot at.