screen name notwithstanding, the way I think I should be when deer get in my downwind. I didn't notice it at first, I was just glad they didn't, but it seems pretty consistent. It's not that I never get busted, but it's almost always because they see me before I see them. I'm not sure how many deer I've watched walk around in my downwind and never know I'm there.

When I first started hunting I would spray every square inch with ddw or similar. Now I spray my boots and that's it. If it's a morning hunt I bathe. I wash clothes in unscented detergent. Sometimes there's no time for any of that. This afternoon I got home from work right at 4:00 so I just went out back. To shorten this up, I watched a doe for about 10 minutes walking around directly downwind of me ranged at 50 yds. I was standing behind a tree on the ground and she never knew I was there. I know someone will say "well that's just a yard deer and she was used to human scent" but that's just the most recent example. It doesn't seem to matter where I am, I'm not sure deer can smell me until they get directly under my tree. I've watched them many times cross the trail I used to come in on and never flinch. Why is this? Is anybody else like this?