I’m questioning the power of my .45 after the incident yesterday. This was a little young buck with not much body mass. I was using a 185 gr accubond (+P) hollow point. If you imagine the deer laying on its belly facing straight away….I put the first shot down its back angling toward the front of the chest cavity. The “X” in the pic below is where I hit it. When it jumped back up and took off, I was so surprised that I asked the hunter “Damn, did I miss him?....I could have sworn I seen it hit him!?!?”

They were taking the deer to the processor so I didn’t get to see it being gutted…..I was wanting to bad though so I could see what those bullets did inside of the deer. This was maybe a 15 yard shot or so. I need to go buy some more ammo anyways and I’m thinking about loading up with the 220 gr Critical Duty on the next one to see what it does. I was knocking some pretty damn good holes in it with those 185’s but man I just don’t like the way he toted it off like it wasn’t chit. Anyone have any opinions?

BTW….me carrying a rifle is out of the question. It’s just too cumbersome to carry for the guy working the GPS and dog.

Last edited by CNC; 01/10/17 06:35 AM.

We dont rent pigs