Originally Posted By: Clem
Quote:
Many people really don't have a clue how high they are. I bet a lot that say they are 40' up probably are only 20'. Not that they are intentionally lying, they just aren't as high as they think.

If anyone doesn't know the difference in 20 feet and 40 feet being up in a tree then IMO they have some serious issues. That's a tremendous difference.

Judging a buck's score or the weight of a bass is one thing. Not knowing that you're 20 feet higher in a tree is being stupid. Forty is really dang high.

It's not that they can't tell the difference, they just don't really think about it until someone brings it up. If I didn't have a rope to tell me when I was at 20', truthfully, my feet were at more like 18.5' or so, I would've guessed I was about 80' or so with my fear of heights. Obviously, I exaggerate, but I do bet a lot of people think they are at 30' when they are really at 20'. The woods looks different off of the ground.

Then of course is the macho factor that adds an extra ten feet to the height they claimed to be.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.