Let me hear your thoughts on the best way to keep hunting clothes relatively scent free. Part of my issue is that I have clothing for myself and 3 young boys. That includes jackets, warm weather pants, cold weather pants, t-shirts, long sleeve t shirts, pullovers, hats, gloves, etc…. Currently I am keeping all of this hung up in the laundry room but I feel this defeats the purpose of washing them in scent killer soap based on the close proximity to other clothes getting washed and dried in the perfume detergents(not to mention it drives my wife crazy). I’ve thought about building a cedar lined chest for the garage but I’m concerned the smell of gas, car exhaust, etc, will seep in.
Am I over thinking this? Should I just use the spray on field scent killer and hunt the wind? Do you feel these scent killer soaps/detergents are worth it, or is it just a way for the hunting vendors/companies to squeeze another dollar out of our pockets? My dad and his generation never used 90% of the products on the market today and still managed to kill plenty of deer. What say you? Thanks