Originally Posted By: ozarktroutbum
Originally Posted By: TickaTicka
Originally Posted By: ozarktroutbum
Originally Posted By: TickaTicka
congrats on the black duck. killed a relatively small one two weekends ago. hadn't seen one in-hand in several years.

Have gotten several updates from the grand prairie and delta that many ducks have died on the front side of this cold front. If they read the book, many will also die on the back side of it during the coming thaw. Looks like we'll slip into a slower cycle with mild temps and cloudy skies. Never a good weather pattern for duck hunting but seems common in late Dec the last few years. Won't stop me from going though.
I'd be interested in knowing where those reports came from

Sorry, that's about as specific as I'll get. There are some holes still producing. A little bit of "here today, gone tomorrow" but when "here" they can't be shot out. I have pics of multiple man limits from early AM last Thurs and Friday in 3 different locales. We are off to one of the best seasons in the last 5 years.
you must be part of the duck hunting elite lol

Nope, just a duck hunter who is interested in protecting what I have worked for. I have a blanket policy of no pic posting and no coordinates. I love the boat and ranger pics full of ducks as much as the next guy, but loose lips sink ships. I wish it wasn't that way and we could share openly but we live in a different reality.

Quick story....Had a guy hand a blank check to one our farmers a few years ago saying he'd like this one field and it didn't matter what the cost was. The farmer (to his credit) handed it back and told the guy we had that lease until we didn't want it anymore. To that end, I'm not interested in complicating my life anymore than it is.

I will tell you I talked to some groups on Reelfoot (not where I hunt) and they have been stomping them since this hard freeze. Frozen fields has them moving to big water I guess.

Public Land Owner