In my opinion, and it's just that, most people don't put much faith in what the biologists recommend. Either they think they know more or they just don't trust the biologists motives. Case in point, the biologists from back in the Gulf States Paper (now Westervelt) days. We used to lease about 900 acres from them and it didn't matter how many does we killed, they always told us we needed to kill more and would send letters that weren't necessarily threatening to take your lease but they weren't very friendly. So, we slaughtered the does. We killed about 40 does off that tract the first year then 40 more the next. The third year it dropped to about 30. By about the fifth year, I literally went all season and saw only a glimpse of 3 deer on the last weekend of the season. I said many times we were killing too many deer but only a few would listen. Those biologist worked for the paper company whose money was made in timber and paper, not deer. Do I think their recommendations were biased? You bet I do. Do I think a lot of the state biologist opinions are biased? You bet I do. Money talks.

Last edited by ford150man; 12/09/16 10:52 AM.

If voting made any difference, they wouldn’t let us do it.-Mark Twain