Originally Posted By: bigt
Originally Posted By: R_H_Clark
Originally Posted By: centralala
Originally Posted By: R_H_Clark
Just like I said. The guy who owns 40 acres wants to limit his neighbors because they are shooting all his deer.

Or maybe the guy with 40 acres thinks he knows what is best for the deer herd?? That is always my thoughts regardless of tract size. That is also the reason I am against the 10 day extension into Feb. I've been vocal about that.

Possibly the guy next to him with only 10 acres just gets to hunt a couple times a year and would like to kill a deer for the freezer. Maybe he don't give a rip about managing for trophy bucks. Maybe he just likes hunting but he is getting fed up with having to jump through hoops just to carry a rifle into the woods a couple times a year and possibly bring home something for the family table.

I like the way people like to throw the Trophy Hunter word out to demean people when limiting doe harvest has nothing to do with damn Trophy Hunting but rather wanting to see more deer thereby increasing hunter satisfaction, participation and hopefully getting some kids to keep deer hunting.

^^^^^^^^^^^^