Can't throw a blanket regulation over the whole state and expect it to work everywhere. Areas of the state or even within 1 county can be drastically different.

Can hunters kill enough does? For Alabama, during the time this was becoming popular in Alabama deer where everywhere and coyotes where just coming on the scene. Take coyotes, bears, car collisions, natural mortality, etc. and ask that again. Can HUNTERS kill enough does? I don't know but it is the lowest hanging fruit (easiest to control) than anything else.

I have one place where the population had decreased drastically and some places where the population is good. All in the same county. The place where the population has decreased there have been very few deer killed in this area in the last 7 years a or so. I'm talking averaging 1 deer about every 2 years. Coyote numbers are doing very well. With the hunters killing less deer and the population still decreasing, how do you turn that around??? Coyote elimination would be the answer but is not feasible to the point it needs to be.